The Swell Series HCB15 is a linear recessed LED luminaire tailored for health-centric lighting installations. The 2” wide aperture is available with multiple lens options and constructed for installation in common grid ceilings or in hard walls and ceilings with flange and trimless variants.
The HCB15 fixture is embedded with BIOS SkyBlue® circadian solutions to produce the healthy “blue sky” light signal needed to stimulate human circadian biology. This specific light wavelength communicates directly with human biology through a non-visual photoreceptor to regulate circadian rhythms, providing healthier sleep patterns and ultimately, better health.
- Nominal Length: 44”
- Lens: Flush
- Output: R: regular | H: high
- Lumens/ft.: R: 615 | H: 820
- Watts/ft.: R: 9.7 | H: 13.4
- Luminaire Lumens: R: 2274 | H: 3032
- Efficacy (LPW): R: 63 | H: 61
Note: All data reflects fixture with BIOS Static Spectrum 3500K LEDs and flush lens option
Fixture housing and trim elements made of extruded aluminum and 16 ga. sheet aluminum and steel parts
Model options available for typical 9/16” and 15/16” grid ceilings or hard walls/ceilings with flange and trimless mounting (wall installation requires accessory mounting brackets)
Basic continuous run fixtures provided with 18 ga. wiring harness for 6 Amp maximum load (consult factory for runs requiring multiple circuits, sensor integration, etc.)
Optic options include a frosted flush or 1” drop acrylic lens and parabolic louver
Standard integral 120-277V driver offered with 0-10V dimming or non-dim
Integral 120-277V emergency battery backup available for 44” or 88” fixtures (consult factory for all other lengths/drivers, supplied with remote test switch/indicator plate assembly)
Standard light outputs are 615 and 820 lumens per foot with the flush lens option
BIOS LEDs have 80+ CRI, R9 90+ and are available in static 3000K, 3500K, 4000K and two dynamic options in 2700-3000K, 2700-3500K and 2700-4000K
Life: 50,000 hours L70
Chicago plenum rated option available
Nominal weight is 2.8 lbs. per foot
Limited five year warranty
UL and C-UL listed for dry and damp locations
IBEW manufactured and assembled
Made in U.S.A.
Nominal Fixture Length
- 22: 22"
- 24: 24" (T1 or T2 w/ SN ONLY)
- 33: 33"
- 44: 44"
- 48: 48" (T1 or T2 w/ SN ONLY)
- 55: 55"
- 66: 66"
- 77: 77"
- 88: 88"
Actual dimension dependent on mounting option and run configuration
Correlated Color Temperature
- BIOS Static | BS30: 3000K
- BIOS Static | BS35: 3500K
- BIOS Static | BS40: 4000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD40: 2700K-4000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW40: 2700K-4000K
- ND: non-dimming
- D: 0-10V, 1%
- T1: T-grid 9/16"
- T2: T-grid 15/16"
- FT: flange trim
- TL: trimless
- CF: consult factory for custom mounting
(lumens per foot w/ flush lens)
- R: regular – 615
- H: high – 820
- CF: consult factory for custom output
- SN: single
- ST: starter
- AD: adder
- TR: terminator
- F1: frosted flush
- F2: frosted drop
- L: louver
- CP: Chicago plenum
- ED: emergency driver (44" or 88" fixtures)
- WS1A: Wattstopper FS-205, 100%–0% ‡
- WS1B: Wattstopper FS-205, 100%–50% ‡
- EN1: Enlighted FS-D22 ‡
- ES1A: EasySense SNS102, 100%–0% ‡
- ES1B: EasySense SNS102, 100%–50% ‡
- ES2A: EasySense SNS200, 100%–0% ‡
- ES2B: EasySense SNS200, 100%–50% ‡
- ES3A: EasySense SNS300, 100%–0% ‡
- ES3B: EasySense SNS300, 100%–50% ‡
- CF: consult factory for custom finish options
‡ See sensor section for driver compatibility information
- 16 ga. brackets locate housing onto T-bar and allow 5/8” of vertical adjustment to accommodate various height T-bar
- Housing secured with support wires (by others)
- Exposed flange trim in matte white finish
Ordering Code: T1 and T2
- For wall installations or special ceiling conditions, order accessory mounting brackets 420-WB
- ¾” wide extruded aluminum trim flange in matte white finish
- Housing secured with support wires or ¼-20 threaded rod (by others)
Ordering Code: FT
- Installs after 1/2” or 5/8” drywall
- Housing secured with self-tapping drywall screws (by others) into blocking as required
Ordering Code: TL