Asymmetric LED luminaire for use in manufactured cove systems, Illuminated by BIOS®CutsheetExplore Swell
The Swell Series HCB22A is a shallow profile asymmetric LED cove luminaire, designed to integrate with a manufactured cove system and tailored for health-centric lighting installations. The heavy gauge, sheet formed housing is fitted with a primary and saw-tooth reflector to produce a smooth, uniform gradient light across the ceiling plane. A clear dust cover shields the reflector system and LED modules.
The HBC22A fixture is embedded with BIOS SkyBlue® circadian solutions to produce the healthy “blue sky” light signal needed to stimulate human circadian biology. This specific light wavelength communicates directly with human biology through a non-visual photoreceptor to regulate circadian rhythms, providing healthier sleep patterns and ultimately, better health.
- Nominal Length: 4'
- Output: R: regular | H: high
- Lumens/ft.: R: 585 | H: 780
- Watts/ft.: R: 8.2 | H: 11.3
- Luminaire Lumens: R: 2162 | H: 2883
- Efficacy (LPW): R: 72 | H: 70
Note: All data reflects fixture with BIOS Static Spectrum 3500K LEDs
Fixture housing constructed of formed and riveted, pre-painted 20 gauge aluminum and heavy gauge steel sheet end caps
The fixture housing is proportioned and formed to integrate with a manufactured cove system (consult factory for compatibility details)
The multi-reflector optic system is formed from aluminum with finishes of up to 96% reflectance
Includes a clear acrylic dust cover
Available in nominal lengths of 2’, 3’, 4’ and 5’
Fixtures provided with 18 ga. wiring harness for 6 Amp maximum load (consult factory for runs requiring multiple circuits, sensor integration, etc.)
Standard integral 120V-277V driver offered with 0-10V dimming or non-dim
Integral 120-277V emergency battery backup available for 4’ nominal non-dim or 0-10V (consult factory for all other lengths/drivers)
Standard outputs are 585 or 780 lumens per foot
BIOS LEDs have 80+ CRI, R9 90+ and are available in static 3000K, 3500K, 4000K and two dynamic options in 2700-3000K, 2700-3500K and 2700-4000K
A supplemental optic blending film is provided for fixtures that terminate at a perpendicular wall
Life: 50,000 hours L70
UL and C-UL listed for dry and damp locations
Limited five year warranty
IBEW manufactured and assembled
Made in U.S.A.
Nominal Fixture Length
- 22: 22-1/4"
- 33: 33-1/4"
- 44: 44-1/4"
- 55: 55-1/4"
Correlated Color Temperature
- BIOS Static | BS30: 3000K
- BIOS Static | BS35: 3500K
- BIOS Static | BS40: 4000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD40: 2700K-4000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW40: 2700K-4000K
- ND: non-dimming
- D: 0-10V, 1%
(lumens per foot)
- R: regular – 585
- H: high – 780
- CF: consult factory for custom output
- ED: emergency driver (4' non-dim or 0-10V only)
- Use appropriate fastener through Ø3/16” holes in housing
- Fixture housing engages with an aligning feature within the cove system.
- NOTE: A minimum distance of 10” is suggested from the top of the fixture to the ceiling surface for best blending of light
Ordering Code: N/A