The Swell Series HCB12 is a linear LED luminaire tailored for health-centric lighting installations. The 2” wide by 3-1/2” high extruded aluminum housing is offered for wall or cable suspended mounting and variety of optic options.
The HBC12 fixture is embedded with BIOS SkyBlue® circadian solutions to produce the healthy “blue sky” light signal needed to stimulate human circadian biology. This specific light wavelength communicates directly with human biology through a non-visual photoreceptor to regulate circadian rhythms, providing healthier sleep patterns and ultimately, better health.
Fixture constructed of an extruded aluminum housing, extruded acrylic lenses and machined aluminum end caps
Model variations offered for wall mount and cable suspended applications with multiple optic options
Standard finishes include architectural white (semi-matte), white (semi-gloss), black (semi-matte), matte black, environmental satin silver (alternative to anodize), bronze and primer powder coat, applied post production (consult factory for custom finishes)
Satin anodize finish also available (may require additional lead time)
Available in nominal lengths of 2’–8’ single fixtures and continuous runs
Basic continuous run fixtures provided with 18 ga. wiring harness for 6 Amp maximum load (consult factory for runs requiring multiple circuits, sensor integration, etc.)
Standard integral 120-277V driver offered with 0-10V dimming or non-dim
Integral 120-277V emergency battery backup available for 6’ or 8’ nominal, single circuit non-dim or 0-10V (consult factory for all other lengths/drivers)
Standard light outputs range from 680–950 lumens per foot for the direct source and 815–1175 lumens per foot for the indirect source
BIOS LEDs have 80+ CRI, R9 90+ and are available in static 3000K, 3500K, 4000K and two dynamic options in 2700–3000K, 2700–3500K and 2700–4000K
Life: 50,000 hours L70
Limited five year warranty
UL and C-UL listed for dry and damp locations
IBEW manufactured and assembled
Made in U.S.A.
Nominal Fixture Length
- 2: 22-5/8"
- 3: 33-5/8"
- 4: 44-5/8"
- 5: 55-5/8"
- 6: 66-5/8"
- 7: 77-5/8"
- 8: 88-5/8"
Actual dimensions dependent on run configuration
Correlated Color Temperature
- BIOS Static | BS30: 3000K
- BIOS Static | BS35: 3500K
- BIOS Static | BS40: 4000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic | BD40: 2700K-4000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW30: 2700K-3000K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW35: 2700K-3500K
- BIOS Dynamic TW | BDTW40: 2700K-4000K
- ND: non-dimming
- D: 0-10V, 1%
- WM: wall mount
- C4: cable mount 4' cable length
- C8: cable mount 8' cable length
- CF: consult factory for custom mounting
(lumens per foot)
- Indirect | R: regular – 880 (w/ optic option 1)
- Indirect | H: high – 1175 (w/ optic option 1)
- Indirect | CF: consult factory for custom output
- Direct | R: regular – 710 (w/ optic option C)
- Direct | H: high – 950 (w/ optic option C)
- Direct | CF: consult factory for custom output
- SN: single
- ST: starter
- AD: adder
- TR: terminator
Direct Optic and Indirect Optic
- Direct | A: flush lens
- Direct | B: drop lens – solid end
- Direct | C: drop lens – luminous end
- Direct | D: louver (4’ and 8’ only)
- Indirect | 1: general lambertain distribution
- Indirect | 2: batwing distribution
- ED: emergency driver (6' or 8' SINGLE CIRCUIT, non-dim or 0-10V only)
- 1: single circuit
- 2: two circuit (4' nom. length and longer)
Shown with batwing optic and flush lens options
Shown with Lambertian optic and drop lens options
NOTE: WHEN DUAL CIRCUIT OPTION IS USED, TWO POWER CABLES ARE REQUIRED
- Ø 1/16”x 48” (C4) or 96” (C8) aircraft cables
- 60” (C4) or 108” (C8) power cable in coordinating finish
- Bracket bars
- Ø 5” white canopies
- Ceiling couplers
- Side exit cable grippers
Ordering Code: C4 and C8
- 1-7/8”H x 4-1/2”W aluminum bracket projects the fixture housing 3/4” from the wall surface
Ordering Code: WM